The Nations Cup Committee meeting was held in on 18 September 2004 Barcelona (ESP) and the second meeting of the Jumping Committee on 27 September n Paris (FRA). Both meetings are reported upon jointly. All items listed below will be presented to the FEI Bureau in November 2004 for approval.
- CSI Requirements
In addition to the present method of categorising CSI events, the Jumping Committee approved further requirements for the various categories of CSIs. Issues effected are cost of stabling, entry fees, accommodation and meals for riders and grooms, number of riders in Grand Prix competitions and number of riders permitted to take part in each competition at a CSI 1* and CSI 2* event.
- Selection criteria for FEI Super League events
Revised selection criteria for FEI Super League events were approved. Assessed will be the years 2003 to 2005.
- Restructuring of the Nations Cup Committee
Both Committees recommend the renaming and restructuring of the Nations Cup Committee.
- Transport allowance for teams participating at the last event of the Nations Cup series.
Teams in contention for first place in the Nations Cup overall standings at the end of each year must all receive the same transport allowance when participating at the last event of the season.
- Minor alterations to the rules for the Nations Cup series and the FEI Super League
Some minor alterations and clarifications to the rules for the FEI Super League and the Nations Cup series were approved.
- Qualification system for Grand Prix competitions at FEI Super League events
Under discussion presently is the number of riders permitted to qualify through FEI Super League competitions for the Grand Prix competition at FEI Super League events.
- Working Group created for the revision of the Jumping Rules
A Working Group was created to revise the Jumping rules. The revision will take place in 2005. Rule changes will be presented to the Bureau in November 2005 and the General Assembly in 2006 for approval. The revised rules will come into effect on 1 January 2007.
- Alterations and clarifications to the Jumping rules
A number of alterations and clarifications to the Jumping rules were considered by the Jumping Committee and will be presented to the Bureau for approval during its meeting in November 2004. If approved these will come into effect on 1 January 2005. Effected articles are: Art. 272.6 knock-out - fall of rider; Art. 211.10 water-jump height of poles; CSI 2* height of obstacles in initial round max. 1.45m; Hors Concours Art. 122.5 General Regulations; approval of draft schedules Art. 115 General Regulations; Sponsored obstacles Art. 136.3; Art. 256 Publicity on hats.
- Qualification criteria for Grand Prix competitions
Regulation governing the type of competition which may be used a qualification for Grand Prix competitions will be introduced for the 2005 season.
- Course Designers officiating at two events on the same weekend
Course designers are not permitted to act as course designer at more than one international event at the same time.
- Revision of the Memorandum for International Jumping Events
The revised memorandum will be available on the FEI website early 2005.
- Creation of Working Group for revision of criteria for NF Olympic qualification
A Working Group was created to revise the NF qualification procedure for the Olympic Games.
- Competition format for the 2008 Olympic Games
The exact wording for the competition format to be used at the 2008 Olympic Games was finalised.
- Date protection
A number of additional restrictions relating to the FEI calendar were approved.
- European Championship second round of the team competition
The exact wording limiting participation in the second round of the team competition at the 2005 European Jumping Championship was finalised.
- Promotion to official status judges and course designers
A number of officials will be promoted to Official status by the Bureau in November 2004.
The next Jumping Committee is scheduled to take place in Las Vegas (USA) following the 2005 FEI World Cup Jumping and Dressage Finals.