The FEI Solidarity Ambassadors
Eight international equestrians have honoured the FEI by agreeing to act as FEI Solidarity Ambassadors. The names of the athletes were revealed in April 2013 when a specially commissioned composite portrait was sent to media worldwide.
The FEI Solidarity Ambassadors will help to raise awareness of the FEI Solidarity programme by attending media events and visiting equestrian development initiatives around the world.
Pictured above, the FEI Solidarity Ambassadors are, from left to right :
- Tomas Eriksson, Sweden’s three-time winner of the FEI Top Driver Award
- Laurentia Tan, Singapore’s top medal winning Paralympian
- Ingrid Klimke, German Olympic Eventing gold medallist
- Bongani Mvumvu, the South African Vaulter who also won the FEI World Dressage Challenge Final for Children in Hagen (GER) in 2003
- Maria Alvarez Ponton, the Spanish rider who in 2010 became the first rider to hold concurrent World and European Endurance titles
- Lior Raz, the Israeli who has been competing in Reining since the age of 14
- Jessica Springsteen, the 22-year-old American Jumping star
- Charlotte Dujardin, OBE, British double Olympic Dressage gold medallist
“This is the first time that equestrians from across our disciplines have come together for one cause, and the calibre of our FEI Solidarity Ambassadors is exceptional, highlighting the true global reach of our development programme.” HRH Princess Haya, FEI President